Friday 20 March 2009

TCC Initiation


So, my blog starts here. The first effort for this blog was putting the google map together of all 88 temples. Now its done, O can refer back to it many times later.

So now to the training. And its a tough initiation ride around Miura Hanto with the guys from Tokyo Cycling Club. I normally do this ride from Yokosuka around to Kamakura, bike in a bag at the train station both ends.

The Half-Fast crew are going for a leisurely 60km ride along Arakawa with 3 planned beer stops on route. Something tells me today the ride today is going to have a contrasting objective. I knew what I was getting myself into very early, (should have read the "high intensity" description on their website) as we were out of Yokohama station at 40kph as soon as the lights changed to green.

No let up down to Misaki, but at least we did get a stop for tasty tuna dumplings by on the jetty. Miura Hanto is still a scenic ride at high intensity, but it passed in a flash and soon enough we were back in Yokohama. Don't know how I managed to hold on, the Trek 7.3 got me around safely and on to Kawasaki and back up the Tamagawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment